AccuTest HCV Test is a rapid Chromatographic Immunoassay for the Qualitative detection of antibodies generated against proteins
that are encoded by conserved sequence of core NS3, NS4, NS5 parts of HCV genome in human whole blood/serum or plasma.
Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) is a small, enveloped, positive-sense, single-stranded RNA virus. Antibody to HCV is found in over 80% of
patients with well documented non-A, non-B hepatitis. Conventional methods fail to isolate the virus in cell culture or visualize it by
electron microscope. Cloning the viral genome has made it possible to develop serologic assays that use recombinant antigen,
multiple antigens using recombinant protein and/or synthetic peptides have been added in new serologic tests to avoid nonspecific
cross-reactivity to increase the sensitivity of HCV antibody tests.
Storage and Stability:
AccuTest HCV should be stored at 4-30C. However, the card may be stored at room temperature not exceeding 30C in the original
1. Allow the test, specimen and or control to room temperature prior to the testing
2. Remove one test card from the pouch and place it on a clean flat surface
3. Using the dropper provided one drop of serum/plasma or W. blood sample (30ul) then two drops of buffer (40ul)
immediately into the sample well. Avoid overflowing
4. Read results within 15 minutes. Strong positive reaction may visible within 5 minutes. Do not read results after 15 minutes.
5. If negative or questionable results are obtained, the HCV infection is suspected, the test should be repeated ona fresh serum specimen.